College of Information Technology - Entry Requirements
The vision of the college is to foster women's excellence and to attract them to technology related fields, by offering programs of international standards at a women's only educational institution.
RUW applies a competitive admission policy. Admission to a programme of study is based on academic merit; the applicant's grades during the last three years of high school and the number of spaces available in the programme. The language of instruction at RUW is English.
- Show evidence of having successfully completed Secondary Education or its equivalent in the Kingdom of Bahrain or overseas, attested by the Ministry of Education, Kingdom of Bahrain (MoE);
- Show evidence of a minimum level of English Language Proficiency, the following are examples of internationally accredited tests of English Language with the corresponding levels of proficiency required by RUW:
- IELTS overall band score of 5.5, or
- TOEFL: paper-based 513; or Computer-based 183; or Internet-based 65, or
- RUW English Placement Test overall band score of 5.5.
- All documents included with an application for admission become the property of RUW and are retained in the students’ file until graduation.
- Applicants to CIT from Science or Technical/Commercial track in High School should have minimum average score of 60% in mathematics subjects in grade 12, otherwise, for those who do not satisfy this criteria are required to take a compulsory LAR course in mathematics.
- Applicants to FIT from Art or similar track in High School should take a compulsory LAR course in mathematics regardless of their average score in mathematics in High School.
- The LAR mathematics course will be delivered during the first semester and will be prerequisite for MATH 101.
For further information & assistance regarding admissions, please check the RUW website at: www.ruw.edu.bh or contact the Admissions Office Tel: +973 17 764444 or +973 17 764419
Applicants may complete an application form available on RUW website www.ruw.edu.bh or submit a completed application form with supporting documents directly to:
Admissions Office, Royal University for Women, Muaskar Highway Gate 366, West Riffa 942, PO BOX 37400, Riffa, Kingdom of Bahrain. Applications must be supported with a non-refundable fee of BD 25/- in order to begin admissions processing.
Required Documents for Admission
- Passport Copy (Minimum 3 months validity).
- Government ID (CPR or Smart Card) Copy.
- Four Passport-sized photographs.
- Medical Certificate from recognized hospital.
- Evidence of Proficiency in English (IELTS, TOEFL or RUW Placement Test).
- High School Official & Original Transcript (10th, 11th & 12th Grade) attested by Bahrain Government.
- High School Official & Original Wall Certificate attested by Bahrain Government.
- High School Letter of Completion attested by Bahrain Government.
- Equivalence letter from Ministry of Education in Bahrain.
Recognised secondary certificates
- Students having completed grade 12 or 13 depending on the system from which they have graduated.
- Having passed a minimum of two subjects at the Advanced (A) level or four at the Advanced Subsidiary (AS) level with at least a passing grade.
- Having passed at least five subjects with a minimum passing grade at the Ordinary (O) level.
- The application and registration fee are non-refundable.
- Applications for Semester 1 will be accepted throughout the Summer (June through August depending on availability).
- Applications for Semester 2 will be accepted throughout Semester 1.
- Applicants are reminded that it is their responsibility to meet the deadlines for submission of the Application Form with all supporting documentation requested.
- Applications submitted before the month of June receive first consideration in programme selection.
- Students must complete the authentication process in order to be officially accepted into RUW.
Note: RUW Residence application forms can be collected from the Admissions Office. Those applicants requiring accommodation in the RUW Residence must have their accommodation application confirmed by the Residence Warden.