Masks are critical to a successful fall. You can have the virus without having symptoms. Look out for others by wearing a mask in public.
WHERE TO WEAR YOUR MASK
On RUW system campuses, you are required to wear a mask in public spaces, such as:
· Student unions
· Office spaces
· Sports and athletic venues
· Any other indoor or outdoor space where there may be interaction with others
WHERE YOU DON'T HAVE TO WEAR A MASK
Masks are not required in personal spaces, such as:
· your residence hall room
· your personal vehicle
· if you're alone in your private office
HOW TO WEAR (AND REMOVE) YOUR MASK
Tips for wearing your mask.
Putting on Your Mask
· Wash your hands before putting it on.
· Make sure it’s completely covering your nose and mouth.
· Secure it under your chin.
· Fit it as snugly as possible to the sides of your face.
· Check to make sure you can breathe easily; if not, readjust or try a different type of mask.
· Once your mask is on, don’t touch it. If you do, wash your hands.
Removing Your Mask
· Untie or unloop the mask from behind your head or ears. If wearing a neck gaiter, pull the mask up and off your face from the back, being careful not to touch the front.
· Handle your mask only by the ties or loops if possible.
· Fold the outside corners together and place immediately in a washing machine or throw away if disposable.
· Be careful not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth after removing it.
· Wash your hands for a full 20 seconds after removing.
Failure to Comply
· Failure to comply with the University’s Student Code of Conduct regarding personal protective equipment (PPE), such as masks and face coverings, will result in one or more of the following measures: written warning, removal from class, probation, suspension and/or expulsion from the University.
· Employees will be subject to discipline for failure to comply with policies relating to PPE.